Guatemala is a fantastic city and has a lot to offer to people. Here is a quick guide for you if you are up for some adventure and don’t know what to do on your next trip to Guatemala. It would be best if you maximized your travel time to take a sneak peek at every destination here. There is a wide range of activities that you can be involved in to make your vacation memorable.
- Visiting Zoologico Nacional La Aurora: Guatemala City has this amazingly beautiful that is ideal for kids. You need 15 to 20 minutes to drive time to reach the location from the city, depending upon where you are.
- Visiting Antigua Guatemala: you can also take out time to explore the very amazing colonial architecture while walking in the cobblestone streets. We would suggest that you book your hotels early and make it to the Easter week processions. Visiting here takes around 40 minutes of drive from the capital city.
- Climbing the Pacaya Volcano: Pacaya volcano is as closer as you can get to live around the lava-spewing volcano. It takes about 45 minutes to reach here from the capital city.
- Exploring Lake Atitlan: lake Atitlan is considered the most beautiful lake in the world, surrounded by volcanoes. You can take about two to two and a half hour to reach here from Guatemala City.
- Visiting the beaches: Guatemala has many beaches that include Monterrico, the black sand beach, and Playa Blanca in is able, which is traditional white sand to the East. You can also check out the Castillo De San Felipe or San Felipe Castle, a very scenic, water-bound, old Spanish fort. While Montericco can be reached within two and a half hours from Guatemala City, you can drive to Izabal within 4 hours.
- Shopping at Chichicastenango Market: If you are in the country, shopping at the Chichicastenango market should be on your bucket list. This market is typically opened on Thursdays and Sundays and is known as the world’s largest handicraft market. You will quickly get some fantastic souvenirs here. It is about three two three and a half hours from Guatemala City.
- Visiting the IRTRA Parks in Retalhuleu: This is Central America’s Disney and waterpark destination, which kids love the most. You can stay at very amazing and affordable hotels and enjoy the bowling alley, pools, tennis courts, restaurants, and bars with amazing amenities. All through the hotel complex, you will find peacocks strutting in the well-maintained grounds. Driving takes about three to three and a half hour to reach here from the city.
- Taking a stroll in Xela: Xela gives you a slice of Europe in Central America. It’s your beauty, and amazing Spanish ambiance makes it compete with Antiqua. Here you can also discover beautiful architecture and international cuisines and take a walk at night safely. The driving time would be somewhere around four and a half hours from Guatemala City.
There are still a lot of other activities and destinations to mention. However, the above you must be on your bucket list the next time you visit here.…