Spain is the dream destination for many travelers. In particular, it’s sunny climate, culture, and a thousand years of history are enchanting. But, what are the places to visit in Spain? There are too many answers. Moreover, the vast coastline, mountain ranges, and endless landscape make it difficult to pick. With this in mind, here is a list of popular places to visit in Spain.
Madrid: One of the Best Places to Visit in Spain
Madrid showcases the country’s incredible history. It is Spain’s largest capital city. Additionally, it is the hub of social and bustling nightlife. Next to New York, it is the city that never sleeps. Visitors will be spoiled by the things to do. However, the city has unique attractions. Such as,
1) The Prado Museum.
2) Buen Retiro Park and the Crystal Palace.
3) Royal Palace and Gardens.
4) La Plaza Mayor.
5) Puerta del Sol: The city’s Heart.
6) Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía (avant-garde center for contemporary art).
7) Temple of Debod.
8) Reina Sofia Museum.
9) Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum.
The list goes on. Madrid has grown into one of the Unique places to visit in Spain.
Next to Madrid, it is the second-largest city in Spain. However, the experience is completely different. Barcelona is located in the coastal region. Therefore, visitors get a resort feel complete with warm and sunny weather. Moreover, Barcelona has a more progressive vibe than any Spanish city. Some notable attractions include,
1) Basilica de la Sagrada Familia.
2) Barri Gòtic (Gothic Quarter).
3) Casa Mila.
4) La Rambla (Barcelona’s Social Hub).
5) Palau de la Música Catalana.
6) Park Güell.
7) Casa Batlló.
8) The Magic Fountain.
9) Sagrada Familia.
10) Joan Miro museum.
Again, the list did not even scratch the surface. That is to say, Barcelona is one of the best places to visit in Spain.
San Sebastián is a popular surf town. That is to say; it is the surfing scene of Spain. However, the visitors can also go hiking or spend time on the beach. The notable destinations of San Sebastián include,
1) Bahía de la Concha (Bay of Concha).
2) Parte Vieja (Old town)
3) Monte Urgull and Monte Ulía.
4) Museo de San Telmo.
5) Miramar Royal Palace.
6) Monte Igueldo.
7) Isla de Santa Clara.
8) Basilica of Santa María del Coro.
9) The Playa de la Zurriola.
10) Cathedral del Buen Pastor.
In the same fashion, the list falls short. There are too many places to visit San Sebastián. However, it is one of the best places to visit in Spain.
Valencia is full of culture. Hence, it is rightly defined as a piece of heaven fallen to earth. The city is full of life, historical monuments, and fine arts. For this reason, Valencia has become a historical center. Some of the best attraction of Valencia include,
1) La Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències deValència (The City of Arts, and Sciences) .
2) Las Fallas Festivals.
3) Oceanogràfic de Valencia.
4) La Lonja de Seda.
5) Mercado Central.
6) Frescoes at St. Nicholas of Bari and St. Peter the Martyr Church.
7) The Catedral deValència (Catedral del Santo Cáliz).
8) Plaza de la Virgen.
9) Iglesia de Santo Tomás y San Felipe Neri.
10) Albufera Park.
Identically, the list cannot comprehend Valencia’s offering.
There are few tourist destinations as dreamy as Spain. Moreover, this European country is filled with unique attractions. It is impossible to choose the best places to visit in Spain. Therefore, It needs to be enjoyed in its full glory or not at all.